|Timber Used||Iroko Hardwood|
|Timber Treatment||Untreated (Iroko is rot resistant)|
|Width of Gate||3ft, 4ft, 5ft, 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, 9ft and 10ft|
|Height of end hanging stile||4ft|
|Height of end hanging stile (Inch)||63.5"|
|Top Rail Dimensions (Inch)||4"x 3"|
|Timber finish||Planed Finish|
This is the ultimate luxury entrance or driveway gate. An entrance gate is a huge feature to a house and is very important to pick the right timber and style for yours. This gate is made from the premium hardwood, Iroko, otherwise known as "African Oak". These gates are built to last. Not only is this one of the most durable woods out there but also looks the part as well. Naturally yellow or golden colour with an interlocked grain. Both stylish and modern, making it a very popular gate.
It has been expertly crafted by our timber joinery specialist. This gate has been perfectly constructed to make them sturdy, strong and finished the highest quality. Huge amounts of details have gone into making the gates, from the stainless steel bolts and caps to the iroko dowels.
Posts and Ironmongery
24" Adjustable Hinge Set - Epoxy Black. Used to fit the gate onto the post, allow a 4" gap between post and gate using this hinge set. This is premium version and is also available in standard galvanised.
Double Gate Latch Set - Epoxy Black. This set comes with a throwover loop and drop bolt. This set is need if two gates are hung together. This is the premium version and is also available in standard galvanised.
Self Locking Latch - Used if just one gate is hung by itself, catches the gate when shut and stops it from moving or opening.
Sawn timber Post - 8ft 6x6, 8ft 7x7 and 8ft 8x8. Bespoke sizes available.
Iroko Post - This post is made from the same timber as the gate. Will match perfectly alongside the gate and last a lot longer than sawn timber post. We don't currently have this listed, please give us a call for quote for these on 01409 231763. We are more than happy to help!
Oak Post - Long lasting gate post and looks great! Available in various sizes
Mortise And Tenon Joints:
- Strength is a extremely important factor of the Exbourne gate! To increase the overall gate strength we use mortise in tenon joints, a very traditional joint known to provide outstanding strength.
Green Pressure Treated
- The gate is made from green pressure treated timber! Pressure treatment uses a high-pressure tank to force the preservative chemicals deep into the timber quickly. This makes the wood much more durable and able to withstand damage and exposure to moisture. Not only will pressure treated timber last longer, it won’t need as much maintenance!
Made By Hand
- Our Exbourne gate is made by hand, by a team of very skilled joiners which have years of experience on this one gate! By the Exbourne gate being made by hand it reduces machinery flaws and increases the overall quality of the gate, due to the high amount of quality checks that are carried out to ensure only the best gates are sent out to our customers!
Planed All round Finish
- The Exbourne gates had a fully planed all round finish to the highest of quality. By the gate having this finish it provides a sense of luxury and looks outstanding in any driveway or field entrance!
Environmentally Friendly Timber
- Here at Ruby we make sure all our timber is sourced within FSC and PEFC regulated timber. This ensures the chain of custody certification traces the wood from forest to distribution, giving you the assurance that the timber has been sustainably sourced.
- FSC maintains forest biodiversity, productivity and ecological process, helping the people, forest and wildlife.
Environmentally Friendly packaging
- All packaging used to wrap our timber is 100% recyclable.
- Ruby UK is committed to reducing the impact of packaging on our environment.
Delivery and Returns
- Free up to 15 day Delivery to UK Mainland!
- Click here for more Delivery & Returns information
- 30 Day Returns Accepted
- Goods must be returned in same condition as sent out
- Click Here for more returns information