|Timber Type||Joinery Softwood|
|Timber Treatment||Green Pressure Treated|
4ft, 5ft, 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, 9ft, 10ft, 11ft and 12ft
|Top Rail Dimensions (mm)||4" x 3"|
|Rail Dimensions (mm)||75mm x 25mm|
|End Hangings Dimensions (mm)||100mm x 75mm|
|Surface Finish||Rough Sawn Timber|
Ruby UK Ltd are stockists of both CladMark and DeckMark accredited timber products from our supplier
Our Diamond brace gate is a traditional 5 bar gate, can be used as a field gate to contain livestock. Also, can be used as a driveway entrance, giving an aesthetically pleasing look as you enter your drive.This is one of our top selling, popular products we sell. This gate extremely popular with the Farming community due to its 4 x 3inch (100mm x 75mm) top rail which gives it great strength. Our 3,4, and 5-foot gates have a diagonal cross brace whereas all other sizes have a diamond brace, doing it this way provides great strength to all sizes of our gates. Have a look at our excellent reviews below!
As standard, they come as 4ft high and lengths covering all sizes from 3ft to 12ft. Of course, we do also offer a bespoke size gate. Just give us a call on 01409 231763 and one of our friendly members of staff can talk you through and help you find the gate size you require!
To make your gate we use pressure treated larch wood. This gives the gate a long lasting, strong and weatherproof finish. For the bolts, nuts, and washer we use a steel metal; stopping them from rusting in the rain and also helping it last longer. With all this combined we have created the perfect, long-lasting and attractive field or entrance gate for you.
We supply a perfectly suited field gate hinge and field gate auto latch to give an outstanding finish to the gate. Also available are our gate posts to provide great long-lasting strength to hold your gate. If you want any help on what fittings and posts to use please don't hesitate to contact us.
We also have a guide to help you "How to fit a wooden field or entrance gate"
Posts and Ironmongery
24" Adjustable Hinge Set - Used to fit the gate onto the post, allow a 4" gap between post and gate using this hinge set. This is premium version and is also available in standard galvanised.
Double Gate Latch Set - This set comes with a throwover loop and drop bolt. This set is need if two gates are hung together. This is the premium version and is also available in standard galvanised.
Self Locking Latch - Perfect if just one gate is hung by itself, this catches the gate when shut and stops it from moving or opening.
Sawn timber Post - 8ft 6x6, 8ft 7x7 and 8ft 8x8. Bespoke sizes available.
Oak Post - Long lasting gate post and looks great! Available in various sizes
Iroko Post - Long lasting and luxury. We don't currently have this listed, please give us a call for quote for these on 01409 231763. We are more than happy to help!
Mortise And Tenon Joints:
- One of our top priorities with our diamond brace field gate is strength! To increase the overall gate strength we use mortise in tenon joints, a very traditional joint known to provide outstanding strength.
Green Pressure Treated
- The gate is made from green pressure treated timber! Pressure treatment uses a high-pressure tank to force the preservative chemicals deep into the timber quickly. This makes the wood much more durable and able to withstand damage and exposure to moisture. Not only will pressure treated timber last longer, it won’t need as much maintenance!
Made By Hand
- Our diamond brace gate is made by hand, by a team of joiners with years of experience! Throughout many years of making the diamond brace gate we have been making continuous improvements to the design to increase strength, durability and appearance! These improvements are all carried out by hand by a very skilled team of joiners with years of experience of making this one gate!
Tanalith water based preservative treatments extend the service life of your wood and helps maintain its natural appearance.
Timbers treated with Tanalith can be used with confidence in both above-ground and in-ground situations including construction, fencing, landscaping and engineering applications.
Tanalith has been tried, tested and proven to effectively extend the service life of your wood and let you enjoy it for longer.
This renowned preservative gives a proven, outstanding performance, particularly for timbers intended for use in ground contact applications and all our timbers are treated to this end use category.
Environmentally Friendly Timber
- Here at Ruby we make sure all our timber is sourced within FSC and PEFC regulated timber. This ensures the chain of custody certification traces the wood from forest to distribution, giving you the assurance that the timber has been sustainably sourced.
- FSC maintains forest biodiversity, productivity and ecological process, helping the people, forest and wildlife.
Environmentally Friendly Packaging
- All packaging used to wrap our timber is 100% recyclable.
- Ruby UK is committed to reducing the impact of packaging on our environment.
Delivery & Returns
Please feel free to give us a call with any questions regarding delivery, we will be happy to help!
- Free Next Day Delivery; on orders before 12PM!
- Pick a preferred day of delivery yourself. Just let us know which day works best for you!
- Your delivery can be left safe - feel free to leave us a note for the courier.
- Click here for more delivery information.
- 30 Day Returns Accepted
- Goods to be returned in same condition as sent out
- Click here for more returns information